The Structural Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the global design team. This position will be providing the entire detailed structural design activities covering the structure and foundation design, preparation of work specifications, cost estimation, and updating design procedures
This will be located in various locations.
- Lead the monitoring and/or managing of new projects for construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities and infrastructure utilizing of professional knowledge of civil engineering
- Provide consultative services in regard to the management of technical aspects of engineering related to building structures
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Monitor Construction Contractor’s compliance with safety and environmental requirements, testing and report instances of non-compliance to the requirements
- Develop its own check list to use for checking construction plans and specifications, and add any procedures thought beneficial
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Degree in Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals
- Registered Professional Engineer, essential
- Minimum of 10 years of design experience with knowledge on preparation of civil/site work drawings, structural evaluations and plans, and water/sewer plans based on existing local utilities and facility load and use
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Proficient in English both written and oral
- Must be willing to travel for occasional international assignments
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.