The Quality Assurance Inspector will be responsible to work under the direction of the Quality Control Manager in preparation for contractor’s project quality control planning and developing the project-specific QA/QC Plan that incorporates the policies and procedures necessary to deliver the project fully compliant with the contract documents.
The location of assignment will be in various locations.
- Make visits to project sites to obtain information on facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project development
• Provide an on-site quality assurance/control and safety compliance
• Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards. Ensures documentation is current, accurate and available
• Maintain records of project progress
• Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements and document all findings
• Report and document instances of non-compliance with quality control and safety requirements
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Tests and inspects construction at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of the process.
• Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Selects products for tests at specified stages in production/construction process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
• Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
• Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
• Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
• Responsible for the execution of the submittal process.
• Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
• Maintains records/drawings on site.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.; or five years related experience in construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have experience in quality assurance documentation, updating of project schedules, etc.
• Strong background in construction scheduling methods and of building and construction crafts since detailed construction Engineering knowledge shall be needed to verify that specific workmanship is obtained
• Knowledgeable of the latest Engineers’ safety publications (including but not limited to EM385-1-1, OSHA safety requirements) as well as all other applicable national health and safety regulations, codes and standards
• Proficient with QA/QCS and Must have or be able to obtain a Quality Control Certificate.
• Proficient in English both oral and written
• OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.