The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing design plans and supervise all the activities which consist all aspects of mechanical engineering works. The successful candidate for this position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations.
This will be located in various locations.
- Assure completion of projects involving design and review applying seasoned professional technical knowledge and experience in the oversight of an interdisciplinary team engaged in carrying out projects
- Develop Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects to be executed by contractors
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Deliver detailed analytical concepts and then back up those concepts with written justification
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer, essential
- 10 years’ mechanical engineering design (HVAC, BAS, Piping, sprinkler design) experience
- Previous experience working on US Government and military domestic and international projects preferred
- Familiarity with military programming rules and documentation is desirable
- Strong knowledge of CAD/BIM software and drafting procedures
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Must be willing to travel for occasional international assignments
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.