Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make sure network capacity meets existing and future requirements for both data and voice communication.
- Manages all network hardware and communication equipment including installation, configuration, maintenance, and performance monitoring so as to ensure optimal operation and 24/7 service availability across the WAN
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Continuously monitor network performance and provide regular reports to Management and Senior Executives, with recommendations and plans for correcting any network challenges.
- Develops and maintains security procedures including administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in GT and other internal ICT systems, network servers and other access controlled areas within the company;
- Manages and ensures effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion prevention systems, among others;
- Perform periodic reviews of ICT security controls (Firewall, Antivirus, network access permissions, access control);
- Maintains a secure IT environment within the company by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades as well as monitoring system performance;
- Monitoring and ensuring integrity of backups on company systems to support business continuity;
IT Asset Management
- Verifying user needs and coordinate procurement process for ICT and related network, hardware and software;
- Coordinate effective management of IT assets including inventory, equipment life cycle management and related documentation;
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network;
- Enforcing compliance and regulation by ensuring all vendors and equipment (hardware, software and licensing) meet their specific standards;
- Proactively monitoring ICT Infrastructure to ensure availability and reliability in support of business operations (departmental / functional). This involves reviewing of recurring incidences, service availability and adherence to SLAs/ (internal & external);
- Establish service level agreements with end users, as well as provide them with support and training in local area network administration and usage;
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers;
- Test server performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure;
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team, as well as carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies;
- Permanent member of the Strategic ICT Committee.
- Preparation of ICT Budget and ensure cost containment; and
- Plan, manage and allocate duties to team members and monitor progress and performance.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus;
- Professional qualifications in ICT form a recognized institution with a project management background
Experience & Key Competencies
- 5+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc;
- 3 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team;
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations;
- Highly self-motivated, with good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following: Windows 10, Windows server 20xx,
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications;
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.;
- Experience in controlling information technology budget;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Ability to think quickly on your feet;
- Highly action and solution oriented, organized with attention to detail;
- Highly adaptable and flexible to move with the changing needs of the business;
- Demonstrate customer focus and team work