The Engineering Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance in answering requests for information (RFI) from construction contractors. Also, administer the Construction Quality Management Program as required in the construction contract specifications.
The work assignment will be on-site.
- Maintain proper construction contract document files according to the standards
- Review and comment on plans and specifications and provide constructability review comments during construction contract development
- Make visits to project sites to obtain information on facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project development
- Coordinate and attend post-award kickoff meetings and pre-construction conferences
- Schedule, conduct, and document regular progress meetings and other construction related project meetings with all interested parties to review project status, discuss problems, and resolve issues
- Prepare project status reports when directed using the enterprise contract management system formatting (to be provided by Contracting Officer’s Representative)
- Coordinate construction operations between contractors, station personnel, and other government agencies and make recommendations for corrections
- Use and prepare standard template documents for correspondence to construction contractors for deviations from contract schedule or quality
- Provide technical assistance in answering requests for information (RFI) from construction contractors
- Review and monitor project schedules for construction progress with emphasis on milestone completion dates phasing requirements, work flow, material deliveries, test dates, etc
- Administer technical aspects of construction contract modifications (prepare cost estimates, review cost proposals, assist contract specialist or contracting officer in negotiations, prepare modification packages for processing by contracting officer)
- Administer the Construction Quality Management Program as required in the construction contract specifications
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Technical and practical knowledge and experience (at least 3 years) as an engineering technician, superintendent, or quality control/quality assurance manager or representative
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three-phases of control Quality Management process
- Ability to write and speak English fluently in order to provide reports and make presentations to Government personnel
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages
- Able to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold, working in confined spaces, climbing and using fall protection equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements and as outlined in the EM-385-1-1 and 29 CFR
- Record of completion OSHA 30-hour Construction Training Course is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.