The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the application and interpretation of electrical engineering requirements to naval facility design, conducting engineering studies surveys and investigations, and sitting on team engineering reviews for various projects.
- Assures completion of projects involving design and review applying seasoned professional technical knowledge and experience in the oversight of an interdisciplinary team engaged in carrying out projects
- Develops Design-Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Design Bid Build documents (full plans and specifications) for projects to be executed by contractors
- Implements and enforces all applicable electrical engineering codes,
- Provide oversight in the development of required project scopes and cost estimates for A&E fee and construction contract purposes
- Prepare estimates for A&E fees and construction contracts
- Monitor progress of designs for adherence to schedules and costs
- Review construction drawings and specifications for architectural and engineering systems and ensure that systems are designed in accordance with the latest standard engineering and construction practices and comply with all applicable codes/norms/laws
- Review plans and specifications prepared by the A&E, coordinate review of other
- Government reviewers for content and completeness, and monitor progress of design reviews and adherence to schedules
- Perform all necessary planning, scheduling and coordination necessary to assure that the design is complete and within the design budget and the allotted construction budget.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized college or university or have completed training equivalent in type and scope
- Registered as a Professional Engineer, advantage but not required
- Have a minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience demonstrating a professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices that are typically found on military installations
- Knowledge of office automation systems in order that several types of software such as Microsoft Office may be used for various office needs such as graphs, tables, and charts
- Candidate shall be proficient in the use of AutoCAD as evidenced by providing examples of previous work
- Possess Basic familiarity with related engineering fields including mechanical, architectural, civil, and structural
- Knowledge of management and analysis techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems
- Skill in briefing managers and in communicating tentative recommendations regarding efficiency in program operations
- Strong communications skills in English both written and oral
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.