Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd
The role holder will ensure performance monitoring and management of database. Supporting Infrastructure, and general ICT systems through setting up of optimal performance benchmarks and the use of modern best practice and appropriate tools to meet business performance growth demands, ensure system security, business continuity and competitiveness in product and service development.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Capacity planning for creation, maintenance, backup and recovery of databases etc.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes and reference data through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforce security for all of the databases.
- Undertake database maintenance plans to ensure maximum uptime.
- Develop standards to ensure that all application designs and code are produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administer all database objects and assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot with problems regarding databases, applications and development tools.
- Monitoring and testing disaster recovery database and backups.
- Implement DBA best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures.
- Monitoring database efficiency.
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
- Create and maintain database documentation.
- Any other assignments and responsibilities as may be required by the TIA Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science
- At least 3 years working experience
- MS SQL DBA Certification and Experience in MySQL
Experience & Key Competencies
- Certification in MySql and Oracle
- Knowledge in Microsoft and SAP business intelligence
- Project management Skills