The Construction Engineering Technician represents the organization to the clients by providing information and reports, as required. This position is responsible for monitoring contract compliance of contractors in the completion of construction work and project schedule on behalf of the facility owner for multiple projects, and reports on key issues to the management team.
The work assignment will be on-site.
- Ensure documentation of construction progress and supports the construction manager in the execution of quality control tests and inspections
- Supports the Construction Superintendent in advising the client on required management actions
- Monitors the means and methods of the construction contractor, monitoring compliance with contractual, safety and quality requirements
- Perform field inspections to review the construction work and review compliance with the design, UFC’s and safety requirements
- Identifies and tracks deficiencies and deviations from plans; works with construction team to mitigate and resolve
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Associate Degree or graduate of an accredited Trade School or formal construction apprenticeship program
- Educational requirement may be substituted by 10 years of directly related experience
- 3 years of experience as engineering technician including inspection and contractor oversight activities associated with facilities (i.e., buildings, structures, equipment, systems, etc.)
- Ability to organize project documents, develop progress reports and document issues
- Understanding of local codes and requirements, safety requirements and quality control processes
- Experience tracking the resolution of quality and safety issues, and supporting management in the resolution of those issues
- Familiarity with handling project management documents such as RFI, change orders, submittals logs, etc.
- Field knowledge of safety, scheduling, and cost control is desired
- Healthcare Facility experience is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Current OSHA 30-hour training certificate desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin