The CAD/IGI&S Tech Services will be responsible for supporting the CAD/IGI&S Team Lead in the design and development of efficient program logic for the enhancement of existing systems, including appropriate system documentation; preparing test cases and carrying out unit integrations to ensure that modified systems perform correctly.
The work assignment will be in various locations
- Create maps and graphs using GIS software and related equipment
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS
- Conduct research and coordinates, as necessary, with federal, state, and local agencies; private conservation groups; and educational institutions for the purpose of acquiring GIS data and other information
- Provide assistance in preparation of applications development and programming services, spatial database administration and development, computing systems administration and analytical support
- Compile, analyze, edit georeferenced and presents cadastral, natural resource, and other geographic data (e.g. base cartographic data, geomorphic data, and boundary data, as well as historical aerial images) using GIS
- Analyze system documentation, program logic and manuals, including on-site review of user procedures to achieve a thorough understanding of the various systems functions
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in 1 of the 7 following areas: (a) electrical, mechanical, structural, or civil engineering from a program certified by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); (b) architecture from a program certified by the National Architecture Accrediting Board; (c) construction management from a program certified by the American Council for Construction Education; or (d) planning from a program certified by the Planning Accreditation Board
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and programming
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Proficient in English both oral and written
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.